Before taking that summer road trip is it important to prepare. During travelling a pocket sandwich is the ideal portable finger food and is super easy to make. But before we share the recipe with you we want to share some tips on travel security.
In an increasingly uncertain world, we need to be sure to take all precautions when it comes to personal safety during travel. This begins before the trip by researching our destination and making points of potential cybersecurity risks.
- Check for the risks at your destination, recommended medical precautions, and be familiar with local customs.
- Should anything happen, remember to keep your family and friends informed.
- Be proactive about your security by checking out the safety situation at your destination prior to booking.
Now for a tasty treat.
Ingredients (for 4 people)
- 4 large eggs (or protein of your choice)
- 450g / 1lb tomatoes, cut into slices
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 lemon
- Olive oil
- Thick slices of your choice of bread
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 225g / ½ lb lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, roughly chopped ̤
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 cup loosely packed tarragon leaves, roughly chopped
- Make the salad cream: Fill a medium pot at least halfway with water and bring it to boil over a high heat. Using a spoon, carefully lower the eggs into the water. Cook for exactly 10 minutes. Remove the eggs and transfer to an ice bath to cool. Peel the eggs, then halve them lengthwise and remove the yolks. Reserve the whites for another use.
- In a food processor, combine the egg yolks, oil, cream, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and water. Blend until very smooth. Add the tarragon and pulse a few times.
- Make the sandwich: Fill a medium pot at least halfway with water and bring it to boil over a high heat. Using a slotted spoon, carefully lower the eggs into the water. Cook for exactly 7 minutes. Remove the eggs and transfer to an ice bath to cool. Peel the eggs and thinly slice the eggs.
- Lay the tomato, cucumber and onion slices on a cutting board. Squeeze the lemon over the vegetables. Toss to make sure that all the pieces are seasoned.
- Spread each slice of bread with butter. Layer the tomato, cucumber, onion, lettuce, salad cream, and eggs on four slices of bread. Top with the remaining bread.
Remember to season and dress the vegetables so that they pack a lot of flavour into each bite.
If you would like to learn more about cybersecurity click here. Schedule your complimentary summer business systems assessment with one of our experienced technicians today!