It is crucial your employees evaluate emails carefully and never click on links from an unknown sender. They should also keep an eye out for strange requests, spelling errors and flashy click-bait content.
Here are some other tips you should follow when it comes to online safety.
1. Use VPNs (Virtual Private Networks). They extend your network protection past your private network when you’re on other sites.
2. Always verify financial transactions with a manager before taking any action or sending funds.
3. Verify informational transactions with a manager. Never send sensitive data or passwords.
4. Use caution when shopping or banking online for the company, only use company-sanctioned secure devices that belong to you and secure WiFi/networks when handling these tasks.
5. Be careful about what you share on social media. Whether you are on a personal or work account, criminals can gain insights from sensitive data you share that can help them target you.
6. Don't Go Phishing. Make sure employees are educated about the signs of a phishing scam. You can read more about phishing here!
7. Slow down and evaluate emails carefully before clicking or taking action.8. Enable mail server options to explicitly label emails that originate from outside the company.
9. Never click links from an unknown sender before studying the URL. They may pose as someone from your company or a reputable company, use a URL similar to a well-known site, use logos and disguised email accounts — pay close attention to detail.
10. Keep an eye out for strange requests, spelling and grammar mistakes, flashy click-bait content and other things that may seem “off.”
If you need a Managed IT Service Provider Reis Informatica can help! Schedule your complimentary business systems assessment with one of our experienced technicians today!