If you are looking for French Hens or Golden Rings you won’t find them here. Reis Informatica is giving you the gift of tips and tricks to help keep your business safe and secure this holiday season. Today we talk about Firewalls. Check out the info below to learn more and request your free consultation today!
What exactly is a firewall? Well, it is a network security device that monitors incoming and outgoing network traffic and decides whether to allow or block specific traffic based on a defined set of security rules.
They have been the first line of defence in network security for over 25 years. They establish a barrier between secured and controlled internal networks that can be trusted and untrusted outside networks, such as the Internet.
A firewall can be hardware, software, or both. There are five types of firewalls.
- packet filtering firewall.
- circuit-level gateway.
- application-level gateway (aka proxy firewall)
- stateful inspection firewall.
- next-generation firewall (NGFW)
Some of the benefits of having a firewall are:
- Monitors Network Traffic.
- Stops Virus Attacks.
- Prevents Hacking.
- Stops Spyware.
- Promotes Privacy.
We hope all of this festive cheer and advice is useful and can be used to ensure you get presents and not coal in the company stocking this year!
Check back next week for another tip! And don’t forget to spread the word on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram for your chance to win a $100 Amazon gift card!
1. Read our blog post (Yea! You have already done this!)
2. Like our post on one of our social platforms
3. Follow our page on LinkedIn, Facebook or Instagram
4. Tag 2 peers in the comments
Bonus points if you share!! The winner will be announced on January 4, 2022