If you are looking for French Hens or Golden Rings you won’t find them here. Reis Informatica is giving you the gift of tips and tricks to help keep your business safe and secure this holiday season. Check out today's tip below where we discuss why it is important to update your devices.
Let's be honest. We have all ignored an update notification on our phone or computer. The truth is it’s easy to skip updates because they can take up our time and at the time may not seem that important. That is until hackers access your private information and you are at risk for identity theft, loss of money, credit, and more!
Software updates are important because they often include critical patches to security holes. Don't procrastinate downloading software updates. Think of them as an essential step you can take when it comes to protecting your information.
In addition to security fixes, software updates can also include new or enhanced features. This makes gives us better compatibility with different devices or applications. They can also improve the stability of your software, and remove outdated features.
While repeated update reminders can be annoying, especially if you have a lot of different applications, they can improve your experience in the long run and ensure that you get the most from your technology and keep you safe from hackers.
Here are some tips to help you when it comes to updates.
- Know that keeping your software up-to-date is critical. This will protect you from the latest threats and hackers.
- Select auto-update for software on both your mobile devices and computers, when possible. For software that doesn’t update automatically, make it a habit to regularly check for and apply available updates.
- Cybercriminals like to distribute "phony" applications designed to steal your information so make sure you review any updates.
- Keep on top of the latest threats and attacks and know how to protect yourself!
We hope all of this festive cheer and advice is useful and can be used to ensure you get presents and not coal in the company stocking this year!
1. Read our blog post (Yea! You have already done this!)
2. Like our post on one of our social platforms
4. Tag 2 peers in the comments
Bonus points if you share!! The winner will be announced on January 4, 2022.